Holidays may seem different now that your loved one is older and experiencing different struggles.
Here are 6 simple ideas to make the day special:
1. Go through your wedding album together.
2. Bake and decorate heart shaped treats.
3. Watch a romantic comedy, or other favorite film, together.
4. Reminisce on the day you met or how your parents met.
5. Brighten up a space with a fresh flower arrangement.
6. Enjoy a special meal together from your favorite restaurant (you can always order it to-go).
It's nice to continue to make holidays a priority and take the time to enjoy the season with your loved one. Mountain Home Care in Asheville, NC can help you navigate in your journey through dementia and Alzheimer's.